Sunday 20 April 2014

#AshLaurenUSA: Minneapolis


We only had two nights in Minneapolis, which doesn't help when visiting a new city for the first time. I found this city to be layers, the first time you see it doesn't look like much, but once you get to the layers underneath the surface you start seeing another city. Due to the snow and how cold it gets during winter, the city has this skyway network that connects each building and creates a comfortable area for you to walk around the city while being inside.

My first day here, I didn't realise this and while I was walking around the city, on the normal streets, it seemd like I was walking around a ghost town and was wondering where all the shops and people were. Of course most of the shops are in the skyway system, which I learnt later.

Also, some of the outer city areas/suburbs, like where the Bryant Lake Bowl resturant is located, seem like some nice areas to visit.




Food:
With limited time picking where we wanted to eat, this was going to be tough and in the end we ate at some nice places.

- Bryant Lake Bowl:

This was a great place to eat and also had that American style ten pin bowling at the back. Like the one you would see on the 'Ed' TV show where you had to write your scores on paper, no computer screen - which added a little extra fun to playing.

We had a great Pad Thai along with a Green Curry.

- Crave:
While walking around 'The Mall of America', we ended up having happy hour here at Crave. Where we had some sushi and a mini pizza, along with Edamane glazed in a nice soy sauce.

- Food Trucks:
While on my walking adventures I stumbled across ten food trucks in a row - it blow my mind. Later learning they hibernate during the Winter and have just starting coming out now that it is Spring. I went the vegaterian option, the food truck was called The Moralomnivore, where I had some fantastic wild rice sliders, with sides of mushroom fries. I can still taste those fries, yummy!

Of course you can check out all the food places we visited on our hashtag #AshBurgerz on instagram, Facebook or Twitter.

- Coffee:
Downtown Minneoplis lacked coffee options most being chain stores, it wasn't till the second day I discovered Angel Food, that was just around the corner where I was staying. They also had some yummy donuts.

I also discovered the nice walk/bike trails along the Mississipi River in Minneoplisi.

From the first day I really thought that Minneapolis was going to be me in the hotel room during the couple of days stay but once I discovered the skyway system I enjoyed my time.

Dont forget you can follow our hashtags #AshLaurenUSA and #AshBurgerz and you can read Lauren's blog, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment